A Natural Cure For Headache
by making some simple dietary changes
Simple changes to diet and lifestyle can lead to a natural cure for headache. Everyone has had a headache at some point and they are as common as the common cold and flu.
Expert suggest that 90 percent of headaches are tension headaches and a small percentage are classed as migraine headaches, which is a result of a change in the circulation in the head.
If we look at some of the causes of headaches then we can begin to determine the best cures.
Foods that can help a natural cure for headache
- Whole grains, nuts and dried fruit for their magnesium
- Avocado, nuts and seeds for their vitamin E
- Bananas for their potassium
- Vitamin B6 containing foods such as chicken, eggs, spinach and peas (for menstrual cycle related headaches)
Eat regular small meals and eat snacks between meals to help maintain sugar balance.
Drink at least 2 litres of water everyday to remain fully hydrated. Add 1 litre for every hour of moderate exercise.
Common causes of headaches:
- Drinking caffeine drinks (tea, coffee, cola)
- A lack of caffeine, if a high consumer of caffeine
- Hormonal imbalances
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Alcohol consumption
Food and drink to avoid to control and cure headaches
- Excessive caffeine
- Ice cream
- Chocolate, cheese and citrus fruits are also considered migraine triggers
Are your headaches related to food additives?
Some of the most common additives in these foods can be causes of headaches:
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- Luncheon meats
- Diary products
- Fermented foods such as sour cream and yogurts
Other lifestyle changes to help cure headaches
- Get sufficient sleep
- Maintain good posture to reduce muscular tension in the neck and shoulders
- Use a heat pad or hot water bottle to relax tense neck and shoulder muscles
- Take regular exercise
- Avoid excessive sun exposure
Click back to the homepage